Big Fish Games

Friday, August 23, 2013

Scatter-brain (And it's a good day!)

This morning I woke up at the usual time, one eye open, searching for my go juice (coffee). Nothing happens, not even conversation, until I have had at least one cup of go juice. After that first cup today it was go time, yep, it's a mania day!! I am on one of my rare, but sometimes welcome, high swings.. here we go. I have been all over the place this morning! Cleaning, taking care of my plants, getting Stretch, Dramatude, and Hubby off to school and work, and brainstorming for this blog. With brainstorming there is a downside, I suddenly can't stay focused on one idea. I get an idea, do some research, the research spawns another idea, do some research on that, and that horrid cycle continues until I have 5,972 tabs open and hundreds more written down on a notepad so I don't forget, if I don't write it down, I WILL forget, and that sucks, because some of my ideas are genius to me.

Anyway, I wanted to talk a little about my personal support system today, and at the end of this another amusing moment from the chronicles of Dramatude. O-K.. 123 and GO! My very close support system, my rocks, consist of now 3 people (it was 4 but 1 passed away in 2010).. my "cuzister" she is truly an angel in disguise in my eyes, she has saved me from myself so many times without even knowing it. She has been my rock since my aunt died, before that she was still one of my rocks, but since that happened, she has become not just a rock, but an entire mountain side that I can lean on. She is always there for me no matter what, she knows I'm totally PCL (psycho crazy loon) but she loves me anyway, and even though she doesn't have the disorders I do, somehow she understands me completely and I have no clue how she does it. I love, cherish, and appreciate her more than she will ever know! #2 is one of my rocker brothers, he struggles just like I do and worse, but we lean on each other frequently, and he knows exactly what I go through because he goes through it to. He is a very important part of my support system, when I don't make sense to the rest of the world, I make sense to him. I love and respect the man he has become, when it comes to mental health, he is truly my inspiration that everything is going to be ok no matter what. #3 is my step mom. She is an amazing lady with an amazing heart. We have had our struggles, but she is a very important part of support too. She is another angel in disguise (although her horns hold her halo up sometimes, hehe). I don't know what I would do without these three very important people, I feel so damn fortunate to have them in my life.

Chronicles of Dramatude

So, last night while telling the kids goodnight and tucking them in Dramatude was in the other room saying goodnight to dad and I was in Stretch's room talking to him. I told him "You know, I love you to the moon and back" He looks at me and says "That's not really that far" I told him "Fine, to the edge of outer space and back" Then we started discussing how far that was, and this is when Dramatude walks in. When she walks in she says "Well that's not too far, it's over by Benton" and me and Stretch started laughing hysterically. Benton is a town that's about 30 miles from where we live. She does this all the time, she will put her two cents in having absolutely no clue what the conversation was about in the first place. HAHA gotta love her...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I cannot tell you how important it is to really maintain and nourish our hearts and minds with a great support system when you suffer from mental illness. And you seem so lovely and vivid that I can imagine you are very loved. (I have a good support to) And I am happy to have read your blog and I look forward to reading lots more.
    Yours Truly
    In the Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Pink. I enjoy reading your your blog as well :) I am trying to get more readers, but no bites yet except for you (which I got super excited about when I got the email) Looking forward to more.

      Delete