Big Fish Games

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Narcissistic spouse articles online.


Last night I spent a good hour or so clicking on Google links for the narcissistic spouse search and reading the articles. To be frank, a lot of them really ticked me off. Even the ones from "psychology" sites gave me no hope or guidance. Most of them said "run" or that the narcissistic spouse is "usually" physically abusive, so just cut and dry leave the relationship. This made me see red! How can someone write an article that is meant to help people deal with difficult relationships, tell them that there is no hope so just leave? How is that a solution? Breaking families apart due to something that is so workable? I'm not saying that dealing with a narcissist is easy by no means, but don't break your family apart just because you happen to be married to one. Learn ways to cope, and work on your relationship together. As I have said before though, narcissists need to be handled with kid gloves due to their huge egos.

My suggestions according to what I have learned is to make them think they are the one that came up with the idea (works wonders with my hubs). On the rare occasion that they do give you credit for something, and I know this may sound counter productive, but thank them for the credit making sure that they look better by giving you the credit. Like I said HUGE EGOS, plus they are men, so that's a double whammy.

All in all, there is still a lot of research I need to do. I will keep you guys posted with any tricks or tips I find along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment